It has been 8 months since I had my son. Ever since his birth I have been experiencing VERY light periods. I had very heavy periods before. Is something wrong with me?

LandonsMom9210

Asked by LandonsMom9210 at 10:16 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Health

• same thing happened to me my son is going to be 1 next week and most are light but i really do not know why the best way is the doctor
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 10:19 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Nope, our cycles can change greatly after kids. Just know how lucky you are and be HAPPY about it. I use to have bad cramps, but after having my first kid, they went away and it is very rare for me to have cramps now.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:19 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I am very happy that they are lighter!! I used to cramp really bad and my breasts got VERY sore but now, I have none of those symptoms lol! Thanks for your answers!!
    LandonsMom9210

Comment by LandonsMom9210 (original poster) at 10:22 PM on May. 16, 2011

• That is a GREAT question cuz i am going thru the same thing. My daughter is 7 months old and my "periods" are so light i dont know if i would even call them a period. Its crazy... im trying to conceive again now so..i hope this doesnt effect that
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 10:41 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Having a baby changes everything. Same thing happened to me after one, but after another they were worse than ever. Whatever your normal was, it won't be, and it won't stay the same new normal forever - gotta love hormones!
    Anonymous

• Hormones change after pregnancy, and everything involved with them, including periods. My cycles used to be super irregular, anywhere from 24-79 days; ever since I had my second (who just turned 2), I've had a period every 27-31 days with very few exceptions.

You're going to have a new "normal". Just get used to it. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:57 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Always, follow up with your , DOCTOR and W.I.C.
    To make sure all is okay ♥♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 1:03 AM on May. 17, 2011