what digital camera works best for taking pics of my 2 yr old?

My camera I have now always takes blurry pictures and the flash time is so long his eyes are perpetually closed. I want to buy one that captures video and clear pictures for about $150. Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Shopping

• I use a Canon Power Shot SD1000 Digital. I'm not sure if it's in your budget because it's a little costly but it's suppose to be near professional. I like the out come of the pictures anyway. It has videos too.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• We have a digital Rebel EOS by Canon. Agin, very expensive, but I get really great shots from it, especially with toddler always on the move.
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 3:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I have a Nikon. 2 actually..probably the best camera ever. My dad and niece have Nikons, too. I love their cameras! I have a coolpix. and a D80 (brand new haven't used it yet), my dad has the d90. GOOD cameras!!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I have an Olympus - Stylus 8.0MP Digital Camera. It takes great pics and I think is well worth the money 230 at wal-mart. The cards are kind of expensive to!! But this camera is dropped proof water proof and weather proof!! WHich was needed since my two year old dropped my 100 b-day camera on the floor after a week and it broke!!
    JustUsTwo

Answer by JustUsTwo at 3:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• i work at circuit city in cameras and i can tell you that a nikon, canon or sony are ur best bet. sonys have high def so if u plan on doing some video that is ur best bet. nikon has very good lens on them and have great reviews. i personally own the nikon p60 and it is great. 5x optical zoom. when ua re shopping keep in mind that megapixal is only telling you how well u can blow up a picture when u pla on printing them or cropping them without distortion. a 8.0-10 megapixal will do good for an image reprinted 8.5/11. remember always get a protection plan with kids. it will cover the camera in any instance. good shopping. i recommend a nikon or the canon sd1100is
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 8:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2008