Depressed but not on meds becuz of miscarriage

I have suffered with depression for over 10 years. But my hubby and I are trying to get pregnant with baby #3 and havent used protectioin in 5 years. I had a miscarriage in October 2010 so stopped taking paxil inc ase that was the cause...

My problem is I can hardly function being depressed sometimes :/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Sweetheart, I am so sorry to hear that. There are SO many other things you can do NATURALLY to help with depression. Exercise is a huge one, and helps a ton. Just being outside helps. Get your vitamin D. Take breaks to do things you enjoy. The worst thing you can do is stay at home and not socialize. Volunteer work helps a lot too. God bless you!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:27 PM on May. 16, 2011

• PS I forgot to tell you antidepressants make me depressed. Your body gets addicted to them and stops making it's own seratonin. So then you have withdrawls when you get off of them, and some of these happen a few months after you stop taking them. People think they are getting depressed again but it's really just a side effect of getting off of them. Research it, you will see you are probably just going through that right now:)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:29 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I agree with trying a natural route. I used to be depressed and took myself off of my meds when I got pregnant. I was so depressed after having my daughter that I decided to try the natural route while I was breastfeeding. Research and you can find a variety of vitamins that can help with depression. B-complex vitamins are great, Thiamin, Vitamin D, 5-HTP is a mood enhancer.
    Acook331

Answer by Acook331 at 10:43 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Acook did/do you take all of these daily? Did you buy them over the counter?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:47 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Look into natural supplements that help or do things that make you happy. I know what you're going through because I'm in a similar situation myself. Surround yourself with those who care about you and love you and remember you can always turn to them when you need support.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 5:37 AM on May. 17, 2011