5 Golden Hemorrhoids (Bible Scholars) adult content

1 Samuel Chapter 6 there is talk of making amends to the God of Isereal by making 5 golden hemorrhoids. I'm sure the passage is not referring to what we call hemorrhoids today. So what are these hemorrhoids that the bible refers to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• They were tumors. And they made them because of the real tumors that they began to have when they placed the Ark of God in the temple of Dagon. They decided that the Ark was causing them the problems so they took two calves that had never been yoked and placed the Ark on a cart with the golden tumors and let the calves go wherever they wanted. The calves led the Ark of the Covenant straight back to Israel.

I really love this part of the Bible. Especially the part where the statue of Dagon falls on his face before the ark!
    beelive

Answer by beelive at 11:34 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Well... my guess is that they would be gold, for starters. I tried searching Google images, but didn't come up with much.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 11:29 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Perhaps you misread the word? In my KJV, the word is "emerods", not hemorrids. It does mean "tumors". The offering of gold was fashioned to resemble the tumors and rats that plagued the people. By sending the gifts back with the ark, the Philistines acknowledged that it was God who had afflicted them with tumors. Their admission of that would add to God's reputation among the nations.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:42 PM on May. 16, 2011

• tumors/ulcers.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:32 PM on May. 16, 2011

• well, that is nauseating!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:36 PM on May. 16, 2011

• So let's go with ulcers/tumors... What would the the statue of these look like?? I"m just having a hard visualizing this.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:43 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Nope I didn't misread the word. The translation I read clearly states hemmorrhoid. (I even provided a link to the translation all you had to do was click on the words 1 Samuel Chapter 6.) A friend of mine was able to tell me what the original Hebrew words was and how it can be translated.

The original Hebrew word was "Ophel" which can be translated as the following:
    1. Hill, mound, fort, stronghold
    2. Tumor, hemorrhoid.

So I got it was a tumor, thanks everyone for that--but now the next question what did the statues look like? What did the tumors look like? Knowing it was a tumor doesn't really answer what was it--although it is a step closer in the right direction.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:10 AM on May. 17, 2011

• It's tumors

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:23 PM on May. 17, 2011