Help!!!!! what would you do?

My SD's mom abandoned her a while back and hasn't attempted to see her and this last week she's been really acting out and she says she misses her mom well she also calls me momma and i asked her why she's been being bad and she follows me to every room even the bathroom she said it's because she's scared I'm gonna leave too my DH are getting along great no arguing nothing she even asked me to stay with her at pre-k and she's only got a few days left , tonight she wanted me to sleep in her room, what would you do?

traren

Asked by traren at 11:04 PM on May. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Give her lots of love. Tell her youre not leaving her alot...and compromise on the staying in her rooom... stay til she falls asleep and then get her a nightlight and a lovie to sleep with, spray it with your perfume and tell her it is so she can remind herself that youre not too far away if she wakes up. Give her lots of love and reassurance right now, poor baby.
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 11:48 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Reassure her, give her lots of love, let her sleep with you temporarily, let her follow you around as much as she wants, tell her every chance you get that you love her and you are not going anywhere.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 3:24 AM on May. 17, 2011

• that;s so sad.. try counceling maybe for her? just try to be there and reassure her i guess
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:25 PM on May. 16, 2011

• that is sad, maybe she had a bad dream about what happened and its fresh on the mind. that is sad.. i dont know how i would handle it.. :(
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:20 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Comfort her as much as possible and perhaps look into a counselor that specializes in young children and/or abandonment issues. My friend's children are still having issues and have been going to therapy after their step father left, especially since their bio-dad is also rarely in their lives, some times things are good and then suddenly things will get worse and they start having bad dreams. My aunt has a 10 year old son that is not her biological child but she's been mommy to him since he was an infant, periodically his bio mom would show up and want to be in his life and then she'd leave again which would cause him to act out but the court finally terminated her rights and even though my aunt and her son's father aren't together anymore she is still his mom and even he won't accept anyone else telling him different. Eventually things will get better.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 10:13 AM on May. 17, 2011

• She thinks everyone will leave her, she is afraid to be alone. Now it is time for you to show her lots of love and make her feel safe. It will take time to feel secure. Be patient!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:11 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Counseling. It is clear that she is having issues and they should be addressed by a professional so that it can take the pressure off of you. Counseling can be a great relief and help get you through a situation with less stress and anxiety
    Anonymous