Mary Kay marketing questions

Hello beautiful ladies,
I recently started selling Mary Kay. I'm totally sold on the quality of the products, I firmly believe in them but I can't seem to get going. I work, and have two small babies...so I'm looking for some experienced sales ladies to give me their pointers. What worked for you, how did you get your parties booked (besides asking your friends and families.) ANY suggestions would be so beneficial to me. Thanks a lot!!

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 11:11 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• So out of curiosity did they tell you that you loose your discount if you don't make a $200 inventory purchase every 4 months?? They didn't tell me. They said 'Oh there is no quotas' They failed to mention the min. inventory purchase...yeah. Not happy. Love the products HATE the recruiting pitch.
    Anonymous

• Nope I investigated this company for the last 3 1/2 years and I've never found anyone that has anything negative to say. So sorry that you had a bad experience. I'm looking to make this my career, so I hope to make big but honest sales and I hope to not run into that concern.
    Thanks for your input.
    Julians_Momma

Comment by Julians_Momma (original poster) at 11:31 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I understand you not feeling as though you have enough time to schedule facials. You could do On-the-Go appointments & take just 15 minutes for people to sample the satin hands set or even TimeWise miracle set on the back of their hand.
    And if you feel you would benefit more from facials/classes maybe schedule one day a week where you could take an hour for facials and do it at your place. Always double book! If its at your house you dont have to worry about being in two places at once. Double booking is just your backup if anyone cancels. And if they all show, you've got yourself a party! ;) Offer the convenience of them not having to "tidy up the house", & the convenience to you would be not having to pack the children up and run to babysitters etc.
    Find what works best for you and most importantly remember that you are enriching their lives by offering them a moment to take a break, relax and be pampered. :)
    MamisAngels

Answer by MamisAngels at 2:01 AM on May. 17, 2011

• message or email me...i have a ton of tips for you. kbressan@msn.com
    annonomous (sp??)...sorry they did not tell you about that but we DON"T have sales quotas. It is not a quota. You only need to place the one order a year to remain a consultant. I would love to chat with you. send me a message...
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 3:49 PM on May. 17, 2011