How can i jump start labor?!?!

Okay so im 36 weeks about to be 37 weeks pregnant 2morrow, and i am ready for this lil man to come out its to hot and im miserable, i mean its like an extreme workout chasing my son around (19 months) please safe and effective ways to get my lil man out of me nooooow!

lilmamacita92

Asked by lilmamacita92 at 11:13 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• sex
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 11:15 PM on May. 16, 2011

• sex ! - thats the most effective. OR *running, *getting checked if your dilated at the doctors office & really spicy foods !
    ** i know that there is more but i can't think of them right now, you can also google it :) good luck !
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 11:16 PM on May. 16, 2011

• btw, if you choose sex, don't have your husband or S/O pull out (sry, tmi) b/c the "baby batter" softens the cervix, thats what does the trick ! LOL :)
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 11:18 PM on May. 16, 2011

• ive tried sex, and spicy food doesnt effect me i with a mexican lol
    lilmamacita92

Comment by lilmamacita92 (original poster) at 11:19 PM on May. 16, 2011

• LOL, okayyy... but i'm telling you keep up with the sex, it will eventually soften the cervix & you will start dilating & the contaction will eventually start but remember, to tell him not to pull out ! & if you keep that "baby makin" up & start walking as much as you can (* i meant walk on my last post, not run) then it should start the labor process, maybe for just like 2 hours a day, once in the morning & once at night put your son in his stroller & go for a walk, & plus if you take nightly walks especiallly with the warmth, it will probably calm your son down enough where he'll be ready for bed when you get home !
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 11:29 PM on May. 16, 2011

• castrol oil it could take you either way tho give you the "runs" or give ur labor a head start ..sex walking/running is a good way mayb ask ur doc for an induction..i had one with my dd not very fun though...im sry im not much help i know how tough it is i have a 3yr old n just n my 2nd tri and its hard keeping up with her but i think youll go into labor when your baby is ready and when your body is too..GL best of wishes
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 12:35 AM on May. 17, 2011

• No~ sex and other things aren't likely to work, which is an important signal to listen to.

There are alternatives-- ways to deal with discomfort, to get help, allowing you to respect the important Reason that you are still pregnant.
    Your baby may still need a month inside you~ give or take weeks, days.

It's safest for your baby to tell YOU when it's Time.

How are you uncomfortable? maybe we can help with that instead.
    Let us know!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:42 AM on May. 17, 2011

• He is still in there because he still NEEDS to be in there. It isn't good for either of your bodies to induce, either at home or with a doctor.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 2:06 AM on May. 17, 2011

• nothing short of pitocin worked for me!
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 8:46 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I agree that it may be early to start trying to kick start labor. If he's not ready nothing will get him out (except maybe medical intervention). When he is ready gentle nudges include (as pp's mentioned) sex, including nipple stimulation and not pulling out, walking, super spicy meals and a glass of wine. Hit him with this whammy but wait a few weeks...I doubt he's ready yet.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 10:53 AM on May. 17, 2011