Gardening tips?

We just bought a home in September and there was ZERO landscaping done to the backyard. We just put mulch around the fence and topsoil in the middle for grass.

We planted trees along the fence and hubby put a few fruit trees in a little patch so he can make a little orchard.

Any good shrub ideas? We live in WA. Or any other cheap tips on how to make the yard look really good?

Acook331

Asked by Acook331 at 11:19 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Home & Garden

• You could make a cute little rock garden with some Sempervivums(Hen and Chicks) that are hardy. There are some great nurseries up that way that sell some very interesting varieties. They are usually very colorful in the winter and turn green in warmer weather. I don't know much about shrubbery, though, so I thought I'd contribute this idea instead. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:42 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I would go to Home Depot or Lowes and see what type of bushes you enjoy. =)
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 1:12 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Go to a local Greenhouse
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 2:54 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I have no advice, but I wish you happy landscaping.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 4:10 PM on May. 17, 2011

• i live in wa, too! i would ask someone at the store or nursery you go to. honestly thats what i plan to do. my landscaping attempts failed last year, so i need a little help
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 6:59 PM on May. 17, 2011

• go to Home Depot or Lowes and see what type of bushes you enjoy; Go to your local Greenhouse
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:52 AM on May. 18, 2011

• My sister has laurel around her yard in Seattle and she loves it. it is hardy and thick and healthy.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:02 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Jealous lol I want a garden.
    chiquis

Answer by chiquis at 8:23 PM on May. 18, 2011