Bail out accountability?

I was reading about the auto industry bailout, and I read how strict DC wants the companies to be if they get a bailout package.

My question is, did the financial bailout come with strict stipulations? It doesn't seem like they are going to be held as accountable. But maybe I am wrong? If you have links to articles, I would appreciate it!

oceanlover84

Asked by oceanlover84 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.casttv.com/video/9dsfgo/cnbc-auto-bailout-senate-stipulations-video

This may help.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 3:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I was watching the Daily Show on comedy central last night (I LOVE Jon Stewart, I once dreamed he took me to prom!) His Dec 5 episode dealt with the inequality in DC between the financial bailout and the auto makers.... it was HILARIOUS and he had some really good points. If you can find a copy of it on Comedy Central's web site I think you should watch it.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 5:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I think DC is cracking down on them because "We the people have spoken" and we don't want it, and allthough it may be needed in their opinion, cough cough, they should just be in bankrupcy court now, IMO.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2008