Sooooo.......

So im just curious what everyone else opinion on this is: My bf and i have been together for 9 years and we have been thru alot, but we completely understand each other for the most part. He was on unemployment for the max and i was pretty much the bred winner! which i was ok with as long as he did stuff at home :) But it seems like now every time he has a day off he just wants to sleep. I get so lonely and i wish he would spend time with his family on his days off do u guys think im wrong? What should i do?

martinsmom2008

Asked by martinsmom2008 at 11:24 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• No you are not wrong to want some time with him. Does he get two day off a week? Plan some family time for one of those days and the other he can rest.

I had to take charge if I wanted to do anything, if you wait for him, you will die of old age.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:30 PM on May. 16, 2011

• If he just started working, give him some time, it takes alot out of a person who just goes back to work, my DH was the same way... Dont take it personally yet!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 11:31 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i know how u feel. my husband is like that to. its up to me to get him to spend time with me
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 11:35 PM on May. 16, 2011

• would you rather sleep if your tired or go out?
    i think sleep sounds more pleasurable
    i get lonely too, and i did tons of research on it. it comes from feeling misunderstood. you could be with a bunch of friends and still fell lonely.
    so we are all here for you on cafemom but try to find a person that has similar views as you that lives near you!
    that way your partner wont feel drained. dont get me wrong i gotta do the same thing since my best friend moved. i DO tend to ask for my best friend/lovers time a lot, he said it takes a lot out of him
    feeling like you belong is very important. you should check out "maslow's heirarchy of needs"
    you may find yourself excited when you realize all the things you could be doing for yourself :)
    you wont be lonely i swear if you just research your symptoms and figure it all out!!
    i remember being single thinking "i dont have time for a boyfriend!'
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:45 AM on May. 17, 2011

• nothing like communication. try to tell him how u feel before u come up with other options!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 5:14 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I would try to understand why he is so tired ,could be stress or a health problem,
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 5:50 AM on May. 17, 2011