How in the world does this happen?

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/121870339.html

This is so sad. What happened to this child? What will happen to this child?

Kitkat61277

Asked by Kitkat61277 at 11:25 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• It scares me as a mother what my kids will have to pick up with in the future. Lord I pray for safety and sanity for our future.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 11:27 PM on May. 16, 2011

• ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:28 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Where did he get the gun from?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:32 PM on May. 16, 2011

• wow,, sad.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:35 PM on May. 16, 2011

• In my small town, we have had a child as young as 1st grade bring a gun to school. How does a child have access to a gun to begin with, much less get it into a backpack and to school?! Imagine what could have happened!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:42 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Its VERY sad & scary!
    We are debating homeschool. Safety is only 1 of the reasons that go against school.
    I understand we cannot over protect our kids. Stuff happens. But really kids killing kids, bringing guns to school -- we should all just keep going as if its "just part of life"?..

Oh now i gotta go post a question myself. lol..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:12 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Wow...that is sad!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:00 AM on May. 17, 2011

• When I was in high school my baby sister was enrolled in a preschool there. It was set up so that each child was assigned to a teenager and supervised by two adults. Great idea right! My friend 'mary' was assigned to my sister. One day Mary got expelled. I was called to the office to get my sister. They told me my sister had found a gun in mary's book bag. I took my sister home. Two weeks later Mary got out of juvi. Let's just say I gave her a piece of my mind. You can't blame the children. It's the adults that are giving them weapons, that are to blame.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 9:11 AM on May. 17, 2011