Hating the ex. Does this annoy only me?

Am i the only one that is dumb founded how much people say they HATE their ex (baby daddy).
I understand sometimes things happen after the relationship. but some woman talk about how stupid. dumb. immature. biggest jerks. losers these guys are..
Did you not see this before having a child with them?!
Before having sex with someone do you not think about this?
Does he not have to prove himself to be a good/decent person before you hook up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• I was dumb enough to think that I could work a miracle and change him into a decent guy, by loving him. But the harder I tried to love him the more he hated me and let me know it.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 11:38 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Weel this answer is self explanatory! A man never shows all his true color till his has a ring on it or a kid! lol
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 11:37 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I tend to agree. My ex and I met when we were 15. We had two kids before the age of 23. We were married for 16 years. To this day, he is my friend. He helps make most decisions with both the girls and even the grandchildren. It's very important IMO to maintain a close contact with your childrens' father. ( I don't like phrase baby daddy or baby mamma). He is my childrens' father. Always will be. I could never say I hated him. I can be angry at him, just as I can anyone else... but I would never say I hated him.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:39 PM on May. 16, 2011

• It annoys me too, however, it depends on the situation I guess..
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 11:38 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Or... you could look at the reality that men tend to very, very slowly show their abusive behaviors- once you realize what is happening, it is often too late. Forget what happened AFTER the relationship was over, what he did while we were together is the reason for the animosity.
    As a CDV survivor, I don't take stories of abuse lightly.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:39 PM on May. 16, 2011

• well i don't have any kids with ex boyfriends or ex husbands but i see your point , some women have kids for these so called jerks way too soon- - on the other hand, some men will act like saints for a year or two before they show their true colors. i knew this girl who dated a man for 2 years, he was as sweet as pie, he treated her like a queen, they got engaged and he was still a sweetheart, they finally got married and the same night of their wedding he told her " u are mine now" and he beat the crap out of her on their wedding night for no reason. so i guess everyones situation differs.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:41 PM on May. 16, 2011

• My ex-husband was cute, caring, charming and seemed to be an absolute sweetheart. Six months after we got married he left his only bruise on me, AFTER breaking every other promise he made to me. I was totally blind-sided by him until after we got married and he finally showed his true colors.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:03 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Ex-wives and baby-mamas can be just as bad if not worse.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 8:45 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Believe it or not people can hide things, like their true personality, to get what they want. Sometimes they can do this for quite a while. There is also the fact that time and circumstances change people.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:46 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Sounds nice but it doesn't always work like that.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 11:53 PM on May. 16, 2011