Should i have her kids here?

I was asked to watch a friends kids all day tomorrow. ages 4 and 6. my son is 3 and my newbie DS is 2 months. She called just now to tell me both her boys have had very loose stool all day today with no other symptoms. I would love to help her out and also have a playdate for DS tomorrow... bu neither of us wants to put the baby in danger of getting sick. my first thought is that it should be ok cause it sounds like just irregularity not diarrhea. what do yall think? i normally would ask my mom but its midnight where she is, or close anyhow :)

sarlove01

Asked by sarlove01 at 11:38 PM on May. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• If there is no fever or nausea I would think it was something they ate or something... That's a tough one...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:40 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I would say No. You're going to have to put your childrens' needs before hers. I would not chance it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:43 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i'd say it's probably something they ate but you never know with a two month old you'd best be safe.... than sorry later!!!!

traren

Answer by traren at 11:43 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I don't know what to advise you: it's a tough call. Depends how important it is to you (and your friend) to help her out, and how healthy your own kids are, generally; they might fight off germs fairly easily or might be like one of mine who gets sick with everything going. So it's your call, according to your priorities, and there's no right or wrong answer. But if you do have them over, make sure you're particular about hand-washing and hygiene. Good luck and congrats on the new baby!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:51 PM on May. 16, 2011

• They might not have a fever now, but they could by tomorrow. I wouldn't chance it. Do you really want to risk your children getting it too?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:05 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Say NO. You must guard your children's health, especially the 2 month old.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 3:21 AM on May. 17, 2011