Thats why hook-ups & 1 nights stands arent cool!

(connected to another question sorta)...
I always hear ladies think its OK to have a "sex life" ... an occasional 1 night stands are fun. They are glad they had the experience. They could never wait until marriage, or for a long term relationship to happen before having sex.

But we also hear so much about how woman HATE their ex (baby-daddy). Does it not occur to anyone if you would wait to have fun, we would not have so many baby-daddy problems?

Your baby-daddy was bad before you hooked up, you just didnt give it enough time to see, or gave yourself enough time to take the "love-goggles" off to see the truth.. If you would have made him wait a few months he wouldnt have stuck around (hence he is NOT worth your time).

Is having that fun, wild, crazy sex that good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe it is not about having a one night stand or not knowing the baby daddy. Maybe it is about having responsible sex. Women need to be on the pill if they are sexually active. One night stands and other short non committed relationships should be viewed as potentially just that--temporary-- and the woman should require that the man wear a condom. Then she is doubly protected against pregnancy. Really smart women are also savvy about the morning after pill if the condom breaks. In today's world there is no excuse in my mind for accidental pregnancy resulting from just some fun sex, unless it is deliberate entrapment of the male.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 7:50 AM on May. 17, 2011

• i see your point but "baby daddies" aren't always from one night stands...they were actual long term relationships or marriages too. i have heard of men walking out on their pregnant wives and girlfriends too
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:49 PM on May. 16, 2011

• One night stands don't always result in pregnancy.  I hooked up with a guy while I was on holiday in England 25 years ago.  We are married and have two daughters both conceived after marriage.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:22 AM on May. 17, 2011

• OP...I agree wih you! I never had one night stands ...and I didn't have a SO and a kid with the SO.....because I learned by listening to friends who made mistakes and their lives were really messed up.
    Marriage first,the kids will be the best way to live 99% of the time.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:12 AM on May. 17, 2011

• A big part of any scenario is the maturity and character of those involved. I don't judge people because these things happen, it is what they do from there that determines what kind of life their child will have.......
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:03 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I agree with gwen20, and you sound a tad bit goofy.
    Anonymous

• I know a guy who had a one night stand with a girl and she got pregnant with triplets!!! She ended up giving up her rights and he has full custody of his 3 boys and is married to one of my friends and they also have a little girl of their own. I couldn't imagine having 3 BOYS as triplets.
    Jillian529

Answer by Jillian529 at 12:16 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I get what you're saying, but you can have random sex without getting pregnant. Most separated parents are actually from long term relationships. There is no absolute solution, because there is no absolute problem. You can't generalize the situations. That's why CPS investigates and acts on a case by case basis.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 8:41 AM on May. 17, 2011

• just don't get pregnant on a one night stand. I have had casual sexual relationships that did not end up with children. I did not have any kids until 8 years into my marriage. Not all casual relationships have to end up with children
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:08 AM on May. 17, 2011

• good point! never thought about that
    no i never liked one night stands ( i had one, it was weird of me)
    and i regret it
    i avoided them mostly because of std's that was my main motivation to stay clear of those situations
    but to some people its what they do! they go out just to get laid. i dont get it either
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:34 AM on May. 17, 2011