How do you know the difference in symptoms?

If you are pregnant, are the symptoms the same as your menstral cycle, more extreme? What are the odds that women can tell if they have symptoms more or less than only 2 weeks of concieving??

triciabc21

Asked by triciabc21 at 11:51 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• you really dont get much......morningsickness is normally what youll get and no period which is a blessing who wants that shit not me...
    babymama0000

Answer by babymama0000 at 11:52 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I think some women can, but I'm not one of them! I've had six kids and could not have told you I was pregnant without a positive test, and that was 5 to 6 weeks along AT LEAST and even then it was hard to believe. :D
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:53 PM on May. 16, 2011

• The main thing you should look out for is a positive pregnancy test!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 11:54 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I had cramping very very similar to AF and SUPER sore boobs.. Some of the cramping was slightly different and one left or right side. Just got BFP on Friday :)
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 11:55 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I have had "scares" before and just had AF symptoms. But when I became pregnant (2nd time) I didn't feel like I was going to start. I was actually a week or so late when i realized I was late. And also...BIG INDICATOR....my boobs HURT. They weren't sore they just hurt so bad. And all the other times I thought I was pregnant...I didn't have that. I also just felt weird...not normal.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:57 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i had gone to the hospital because i had a major headache... and i found out that i was pregnant.. they did an ultrasound and said that i could only be about 3 weeks.. i had no symptoms of being pregnant.. if the doctor didn't tell me i was i wouldn't have known til later.. i took a pregnancy test at home a few days later for my own records and it was neg.. now .. well i know i'm pregnant .. Morning sickness like crazy!
    EvansMommy31605

Answer by EvansMommy31605 at 11:57 PM on May. 16, 2011

• OH and the first time. I had every symptom in the book. I thought I started but it was implantation bleeding and stopped int he middle of the day. I looked it up and was like OH CRAP. So 2 days later I took a test and it was positive. But before I took it, I was eating like mad crazy. That was my indicator. Oh and I was emotional.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:58 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i would never have known i was pregnant. since i've taken bc my periods have always been off missing my period up to 3 weeks doesnt mean anything for me. i found out because i got out of the shower and my son's father was standing there and he looked at me and was like "whoa"..he grabbed my boobs and said .."you're pregnant"..i didnt believe it. he said because my nipples LOOKED darker he thought i was pregnant..because thats how his ex wifes looked. so i went and bought a test and i was. i didnt start feeling any symptoms or anything till about 8wks later.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:00 AM on May. 17, 2011

• i didn't know without a test. i found out at 6.5 weeks. morning sickness kicked in at seven weeks. maybe i would have figured it out by then lol. but up until week seven i felt 100% the same
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 8:37 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Dh and I had been ttc for almost a year and I had warm cramps, like I was going to start but as if it was congested (if that makes any sense). I wasn't nauseas and my boobs didn't hurt any more than normal. I did notice I was so hungry all the time and really tired. In retrospect, my pee stopped being bright yellow in the morning from prenatals...I suppose I started using all those vitamins!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 10:41 AM on May. 17, 2011