Does anyone have any info or experience on R.A.D.?

My son is 5 years old and will be starting Kindergarten in the fall. He has always had attention, bonding, and behavior problems mostly regarding me. His father was a alcoholic, drug addict, was never able to keep a job, and at times abusive (only towards me, never the kids.) I also have a 1 year old. In August their father and I seperated. I took the kids and moved to an apartment nearby. I have full custody of the kids.

My son was diagnosed by a specialist with reactive attachment disorder in December. I had to take him to the specialist in the state of Washington as it is where my mom lives and I have been unable to find treatment for him in the D.C. area.

Does anyone have any experience in the area or know of any therapists or support of any kind ?

Nutball3

Asked by Nutball3 at 11:58 PM on May. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• http://dianefeinberg.com/
    look at this website--she is in Connecticut but should be able to connect you to other specialists in the field in the DC area--good luck and keep pushing until ou find good help for you and your child. Best wishes.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 3:19 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Thanks! I have a diagnosis and am trying to get him into some treatment as well as get an IEP for school next year. For as many therapists as are in the DC area I have not been able to find anyone that is accepting patients.
    Nutball3

Comment by Nutball3 (original poster) at 6:12 PM on May. 17, 2011