Very nervous Mommy here!

I found out today my 5 year old son has an ingural hernia in his groin and has to have surgery as soon as possible because the hernia and swelling is squishing his testi. Any other moms been through this??

daina82

Asked by daina82 at 12:02 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Kids' Health

• no i haven't but.. i'm sending prayers your way.
    EvansMommy31605

Answer by EvansMommy31605 at 12:03 AM on May. 17, 2011

• No, but I did have a little boy who needed surgery though, when he was 6 years old, so I know how scary it is. I paced and worried the whole time he was in surgery and then never left his side while he was in hospital. *hugs*
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:05 AM on May. 17, 2011

• no...i hope all goes well
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 12:32 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I haven't but I am wishing you both the best!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:47 AM on May. 17, 2011

• A friend of mines has a 3 year old son that had to go in for surgery. Kids are pretty tough honey. Her son was back to his regular self after about a week and a half. He just kinda hungout on the couch ...watched movies ...read stories...played with toys. It wasnt too terrible. The surgery is a lot more common then you would think. Its going to be okay honey.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:24 AM on May. 17, 2011

• No, but I hope everything goes well for him during the surgery
    othermom

Answer by othermom at 9:15 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Never dealt with that but good luck.
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 10:03 AM on May. 17, 2011

• The good news is that this is (for the doctor and hospital) very routine surgery and so odds are it will go very smoothly and your little guy will recover quickly. Like the previous poster said, kids are very resiliant at this age. It will, I'm sure, be far more difficult for you. Hang in there, you'll all get through this. We're keeping our thoughts on you and your son!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:57 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Haven't been through it. Hope everything goes well.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 11:44 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Awww, poor kid! No we haven't gone through this, but my friends little boy did. Everything went fine, but I don't know enough details to help you out with it. It's completely normal to be scared for him though. Kids are resilient, you'll be surprised how much energy he'll have when you need him to take it easy.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:16 PM on May. 17, 2011