Have you traveled internationally? What are some international trips you would like to take someday?

My LP is Japanese, so we have traveled there to see his family, but other than Canada and Mexico, we haven't been elsewhere yet.

When the kids are old enough to appreciate it, I KNOW I want to take them to see the concentration camps and Holocaust museums in Germany, and one of my personal interests would be seeing the tombs and pyramids of Egypt.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:09 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Travel

• airplanegoing to australia is on my bucket list....

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:10 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I've traveled. I made a stop in Germany on my way to Iraq for a 7 month tour and leaving Iraq I made a stop in Ireland before going back to the US.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:13 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I have been thinking that more travel is on my "bucket list" too...There are somethings I think I will just refuse to die until I do.

Before kids, we used to travel a LOT. We had schedules where we worked long days, but had 4 days off in a row a week, and we would find cheap flights and leave for a weekend here or there. I REALLY miss that.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 12:16 AM on May. 17, 2011

• well i was chatting with an 83 year old woman just last week and she is bed ridden, she travelled a lot / went on cruises in her younger years...she told me that it is very depressing to be bedridden and that the memories from her younger days keeps her going.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:21 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I've traveled to Germany (lived there for 3 years), Italy, and France.

I would LOVE to go to Ireland, Scotland and Australia.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:23 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Tokyo, Japan
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 12:57 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I've lived in England and Canada and I've been to the US and traveled around Europe.  I would love to go to China and India.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:47 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I have been to Canada, Aruba & the Bahamas but I haven't been able to afford to travel for a very long time. If I could, I would definitely LOVE to rental an Italian villa in Tuscany, Italy.
    mommamiaria

Answer by mommamiaria at 7:04 AM on May. 17, 2011

• We always want to visit family - so that would get us to France, Italy, Israel and New Zealand. It's been a while since the kids and I were on an airplane, that was a family trip to Mexico for spring break 4 years ago. We've only been able to afford road trips the past few years. Hoping to get back to Israel for next summer.

I got to celebrate my 21st bday in Egypt. It was really cool. DH and I traveled a lot separately and then together when we were younger/pre kids. And now that the kids are old enough to truly enjoy foreign travel, we cannot afford it because we pay for private school. Oh well, some day.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:43 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Yes, I have. Mostly Europe (Italy, Germany, Austria) but also the Caribbean. The kids have been with us also.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on May. 17, 2011