Do you think this could mean he is going to self wean soon?

DS is 1 1/2 and has always loved bfing. Just the other day I was talking with DH about how he was never going to give it up lol. Well today he wanted nothing to do with it! Normally when we take a bath he tries to nurse about 80% of the time, and today nothing. He also usually bfs to fall asleep but not tonight, by this point my boobs were SO sore so I tried to offer one to him and he wouldnt take it!! Just looked at it and laid on his belly and fell asleep. Is this normal? Do babies usually wean this way or do you think it was just a funk??

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 12:50 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son had on and off days during the final stages of breastfeeding. He weaned completely by 15 months. As he ate more solid foods, and I introduced him to cow's milk, he had less and less interest in breastfeeding. There were days, though, when he wanted it all the time, and some when he didn't want anything to do with it. Overall-- it was the comfort feedings that he had the toughest time stopping.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:09 AM on May. 17, 2011

• That is how my son is too! He actually prefers cows milk in his cup unless he is tired or hurt.
    Mikayla_lynn

Comment by Mikayla_lynn (original poster) at 1:10 AM on May. 17, 2011