Do you consider yourself to be an anti-war, pro-peace mom?

If so, tell us why the anti-war, pro-peace philosophy resonates with you.

jejstover

Asked by jejstover at 12:52 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I could go on and on but I will suggest you do not understand nor accept the cost of your freedoms. - I as well could go on and on but I suggest you do not understand that you are not free. Your country has the right to do whatever they please to you, without rhyme or reason simply by believing you, yourself, maybe a threat to our nation (or possibly a threat later on). Our country uses fear to reduce our freedoms. Terrorism is used to scare us into allowing such treatment. While we are fighting this "terrorism" abroad, we are indeed giving up civil liberties here, in the US, one by one. So, who's winning? The US or the "terrorists"?
    MissyMegan

Answer by MissyMegan at 11:42 PM on May. 19, 2011

• sidesplittinglaughterNo. Noone LIKES war really but sometimes it IS necessary. I would rather defend our country then put us at risk just so we can all hug and sing world peace!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I believe in wars if, it justifies the means. Being retired military myself I believe in defending our country, but I also know when it's time to bring our troops home and protect OUR homeland and quit policing other countries that will continue to have unrest even after we're gone.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:07 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I consider myself a realist. No wars and world peace would be great, but that does not mean just because I feel that way, the whole world will respond to it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:59 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I am anti-war. The only justified war in the last couple of centuries was World War TWO.
    SInce then any war has been a waste of lives, waste of money and a huge reduction in our reputation as a nation..
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:06 AM on May. 17, 2011

• More pro- peace than pro-war though I accept that some military interventions are unfortunately necssary. I agree with the intervention in Libya and the taking out of Osama Bin laden but not with the continuing war in Afghanistan or the invasion of Iraq. . Wars that cost more lives than they can save are never justified in my opinion ... I do think nuclear disarmament and a halt to the international trade in weapons is a sadly ignored feature of international diplomacy and conduct . Just a quick reaction to your question .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:59 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Here's the thing. I'm pro-Peace. What I'm not is Anti-War. Sure, in a perfect world there would be no need for war, but we don't live in a perfect world. I am a firm believer that there are situations where War is an unfortunate necessity.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:00 PM on May. 17, 2011

• i am anti war for silly reasons but i believe in defending ones self and fighting for ones right. i am ok with war when necessary.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:59 AM on May. 17, 2011

• LMAO...I dont know of ANY mom running through ththe streets screaming LETS HAVE WAR! WOOHOOOO. I am Pro defending ou country because if WE didnt fight FOR our freedoms and FOR our safety ther are many many MANY crazies out ther who would LOOOOOVE to swoop in and take it AWAY!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:45 AM on May. 17, 2011

• sorry, i read that wrong. i thought it said ''pro-war OR pro-peace''. oh well. staying at the ballfields too late last night, and not enough coffee this am....
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:14 AM on May. 17, 2011