Who do you think is the better parent, you or your DH/BF?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:06 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• We're both good parents, and where one is weak, the other has more strength. I will say that I do more, but that doesn't make me a better parent.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 1:10 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I would have to say me, eventhough my fiance is great at somethings I am the primary caregiver and I care for them the best. I am grateful that he is here, because he is my relief from the children. We all need a relief.
    styhmMommy

Answer by styhmMommy at 1:12 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Right now, me. Why because I have experience with my 5 siblings, I took care of them all the time. And DH doesn't have any experience ye. DH will be a wonderful father once we have kids, I'm sure of that.
    AimBre

Answer by AimBre at 1:18 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Depends on what you consider "good parenting." My husband gets to spend more time with our son, so gets to play with him more, take him to doctor's appointments, do crafts, etc. I, on the other hand, think about childrearing globally, so I'm the one that enrolls him in swimming lessons, plans the meals, makes sure they're balanced, keep food in the pantry, shops for his clothes, etc. We each have skills that we utilize to bring up our son to the best of our abilities.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:18 AM on May. 17, 2011

• moi.. i am just more in tune....
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:20 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Both, he is better at some things (like discipline) and I am better at others (like nurturing)
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:58 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Me...DH is a good dad. He spends time with the kids and really enjoys being with them. He does discipline them and loves them very much. It is very close. But I have the edge.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 7:29 AM on May. 17, 2011

• My kids tell me I'm nicer, but he's more fun! So I'd have to say we each have our strengths/weaknesses and we balance each other well, but one of us isn't better than the other.

Answer by missanc at 9:32 AM on May. 17, 2011

• its all me....
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:51 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Both, just in very different ways. I think that is the way it is supposed to be.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:22 AM on May. 17, 2011