Appendicitis or pregnant? experianced prego's please help!

How do you know the difference in stomach pain? For experianced prego's out there, where is there most likely to be abdominal pain if you don't know if your pregnant, too early to know, and test comes back negative? I'm freaking out here, I feel like a head case not knowing! Please help! :)

triciabc21

Asked by triciabc21 at 1:08 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• There are some major differences between appendicitis and early pregnancy. Are you talking about ovulation pain? Ovulation pain tends to be more focused, whereas appendicitis can feel like a pain specifically in your belly button area, or a diffuse pain throughout your abdomen.

I never had abdominal pain from early pregnancy-- loads of other symptoms, but never pain. I didn't have that until the hospital shot me up with pitocin :)
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:16 AM on May. 17, 2011

• at first I felt it as a sharp pain in the mornings. Now it's a very faint feelings and occasionally a sharper pain but not as bad through out the day. The constant tug is by my right hip bone or ovary area and the other pain goes up from there just about under my ribs. almost center of my belly button and my side.
    triciabc21

Comment by triciabc21 (original poster) at 1:19 AM on May. 17, 2011

• appendicitis is i believe more in the area of your naval and off to the lower right, i dont know of early pregnancy pain being bad enough to be mistaken for appendicitis if its bad and gets worse see a doc.... it could be cramps from anything your bowels(i had some bad cramps along with gas and doubleing-over stomach cramps the last couple days and was researching like crazy thinkin it could be appendicitis but after laying down on my stomach which was most comfortable for me and trying to calmly breath it went away after 2 days) could be an oncoming period, or dare i say ectopic which i hope ya dont but please do see a doc if you suspect that also, if you think your pregnant and your thinking you could be having some implantation pain i think it would be pretty low closer to your pelvic region and more of a twinge which wouldnt stay long. i hope ya feel better soon
    RobinEsMommy

Answer by RobinEsMommy at 1:24 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I actually just had surgery Saturday for Appendicitis while 8 weeks pregnant. It was the worst stomach pain I have ever had in my life and I have a high tolerance for pain. At least for me, it was definitely worse than labor/delivery pain because it was constant, contractions come and go. I've had three boys and I don't recall really having any pains in the beginning of pregnancy other than possibly gas pains, nothing remotely as painful. If you're in that much pain get to the hospital now. Thankfully, I'm sore but feeling better and hopefully baby's still doing well.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:43 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Oh, I woke up at 5am Saturday with pain high across my stomach, like right under my bra, for a couple hours. Then, it moved to mostly my whole right side with the most painful spot right against my right hip bone. Gently and carefully press around your right side between your right hip bone and middle of pelvis. If you have an extreme pain please go to the hospital. Better safe than sorry, appendix can burst which can kill you if left untreated if that is the cause of your pain.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:56 AM on May. 17, 2011