Teething-2 year molars :(

This has got to be the worst thing ever. I thought we were done with teething but i guess not. My poor lil guy woke up after being asleep totally drenched in sweat from a fever and drooling horribly. I am not doing good with seeing my baby cry like this from his teeth. Are there any teethers for those teeth so far back? I gave him motrin and used benzodent (was the only thing i had on hand for numbing) and it seemed to soothe it quickly thank goodness. How long does it normally take for these teeth to come in? Do they hurt them all the time til they come in? *sorry im a first time momma so not sure what to expect.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 1:20 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try Teething tablets and Motrin. Avoid Orajel which can harden the gums. Put sippy cups in the fridge before giving them to your child. Offer your child lots of cold treats, like all natural popsicles, watermelon balls, etc. Anything cold to help numb back there, without the use of Orajel which can work against you.

Ever child gets teeth differently. They hurt until they've broken the surface and them some. Waiting for them to pop through is usually the worst. Normally it should take about a week for them to come in, but it all depends on the child.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:27 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I used Popsicles...I know its not good for the teeth but it helped. Also let him bite on his tooth brush! Sorry momma
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:28 AM on May. 17, 2011