If my son is already 6 yrs old and to big for a jogging stroller, what can I put him in, inorder for me to go jogging?

He already broke 2 jogging strollers and a child leash, now I don't know what to use, I really want to go jogging, but when I take him and walk with him, he gets tired after the 2nd round, and I like to walk atleast one mile around a school, and I don't have anybody to take care of him for me while I go, and I only like going at night, any suggestions of anything I can use so he wont get tired?

bettyboob83

Asked by bettyboob83 at 1:27 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• If your walking you could try a wagon?
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:29 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Its probably a sign that he is too big for a jogging stroller or a child leash, I am not sure I have ever seen a 6 year old in either! That aside, sorry I dont have any suggestions other than changing the time in which you do it, I know you only like doing it at night but thats something you may have to change and do it while your son is not with you, its the only thing I can think of.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:34 AM on May. 17, 2011

• does he know how to ride a bike yet? If he doesn't try teaching him. He can ride next to you while you run.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 1:36 AM on May. 17, 2011

• oh one other thing does the school you walk around have a track or do you have a track near you that you could drive to and walk around? My MIL and I used to walk around the track with a 5, 6 and 7 year old they would walk with us or play in the middle on the field and if they got tierd they would sit and wait for us, that way you can see them at all times.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:36 AM on May. 17, 2011

• @ Mikayla Lynn Thank u so much for your answer, i guess im going to buy a wagon, the only uncomfortable part is having my arm twisted back while pulling it, hopefully he doesnt jump out cuz im not sure if they come with seat belts.
    here the heat during the day is 110 to 115 degrees with the sun full blast, even in the morning, so theres no way i can do that during the day when hes at school...and he has autism so ive tried teaching him how to ride his bike and he cant all he likes to do with his bike is push it not ride it...so im basically clueless..and i get bored on my treadmill, i prefer the outdoors but its just to hard with my lil boy. i had to take my treadmill out to the storage because there was no space in my room, it didn't fold right.

bettyboob83

Comment by bettyboob83 (original poster) at 2:00 AM on May. 17, 2011

• teach him how to ride a bike, or an electrical scooter. I go on 4mile jogs with my bf daughter who just turned 7 and up to 1-2 months ago just started riding her bike with out training wheels. IT also makes the jog fun to play music on your phone so they can hear and you can dance or sing while you run. It lifts your spirits and theirs! :)
    triciabc21

Answer by triciabc21 at 2:27 PM on May. 17, 2011

• what about one of those bars that connect your bike w/ a child's size one like this or this.

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:19 PM on May. 17, 2011