Am i taking this too personal?

I'm pissed. My husband calls me to ask how much I want to spend on an X-mas tree. He is at the place with his parents-he came home picked up our children and did not tell me that was where he was going. We have been arguging the last couple days and I feel like he is trying to make me mad. What should I do because I am pissed about this right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• So your upset because he didn't take you as a family? I assume that's why. Maybe you should call him back and just say, "Hey, why don't you come back home and we can go pick a tree out. I would really like to be a part of it." Let him know but be nice about it.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 3:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I think its too personal. Maybe hes just trying to help and do something with the kids?

Answer by gemgem at 3:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Yea... hey, atleast you got one of them husbands that'll take the kids out without you havin to badger him.... Anyway... take some "YOU" time... ya know...
    bun-n-ma-oven

Answer by bun-n-ma-oven at 3:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• He should have told you where he was going with the kids. At least he asked about how much you wanted to spend. Maybe you should let it go, or as the first poster suggested ask him to come home so you can all go, unless you think he would be mean and not come home for you.

Answer by Bmat at 3:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• well when he asked how mcuh to spend I said :you figure it out" this was something we had planned to do all week. This wasnt some spur of the moment thing. he was being smart in not sayin anything to me about it because he knew it would irritate me. he came home and i asked our son where was the tree and he asked his dad and his dad says ask your mom. he's such an idiot sometimes. he acts like a child and it is frustrating.
    Anonymous

• Depending on what was said during the arguments, he may have just thought you'd rather not be in his presence. When he comes home, you should tell him that you felt left out and that you really would like to have been included. But don't be sharp. Be gentle, but tell him the truth. These kinds of things should not be left unresolved. If you want to know why he ignored you, ask him. But be prepared to hear his answer without getting mad all over again.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• He should have told you where he was going with the kids.
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 4:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• It sounds like you're both acting kind of childish. Send the kids to their room to do something and command them NOT to come out. Then you and your DH sit down and talk like adults. I'd let him go first to show him that you honestly just wanna fix things. Don't get pissy at everything he says, allow him to finish completely and then take your turn.

But yea I'd be pissed if Dh went to get the tree without me and I'd been planning on going to.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2008