Negative but pregnant?

I took 2 pregnancy test back to back this afternoon and both where negative. I could not pee so i drank 2 bottles of water 20 minutes before i tested. We are ttc but my period isnt due until May 18. Ive had slight cramping and very tender breasts.. Tender to the touch. Ive been very tired.. I can sleep anywhere from 10-14 hours a day. Is it possible to get a negative pregnancy test this early and still be pregnant? Has anyone experienced this and ended up pregnant?

abrooks2009

Asked by abrooks2009 at 2:24 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Could be too early to tell, but you also don't want to drink water before testing because it can dilute your urine. First morning urine is always best. Wait until you miss your period and test again. Good luck!
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 2:30 AM on May. 17, 2011

• possibly too sonn and any hormone that might have been there was diluted out by the water you drank. If you are going to drink water then wait 3-4 hours before you pee. if you don't have alot of urine pee in acup and dip the test. most test recommend using first morning urine since you've been asleep during the nite.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:52 AM on May. 17, 2011

• If you don't get your period tomorrow re-test first thing in the morning on Thursday or Friday
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 12:27 PM on May. 17, 2011

• im in the same boat! I took 2 pregnancy tests about a day or so ago,one the night before and one the next morning first thing and both were negative..I tried a first response and a clear blue just in case the line was just so light I couldnt see it. But im always hungry,cravings out the waazoo,very tender breasts,headaches,and I am so tired all the time..same things I experienced with my daughter.My period last month was really weird light and short..mine was supposed to be anytime now..yesterday I got some bad cramping like I get with every period and this morning I wake up to no blood,only clear discharge..I found out I was pregnant with my daughter when I was 6 weeks..So I might test again in a week or so..How long ago do you think you conceived? You might even go to the doctor and get a blood test done. Your Hcg level is probably way too low to be picked up by a HPT.
    NcMom924

Answer by NcMom924 at 1:00 PM on May. 17, 2011

• You need to use first morning urine but it is still possible. I would wait until your period is late :) Good Luck!!
    2pittsburghboys

Answer by 2pittsburghboys at 4:35 PM on May. 17, 2011