I don't understand how the world has become such a dark place

Every morning when I put the TV on, someone has either been murdered, or gone missing, or another bomb has exploded killing and injuring hundreds, or yet another soldier has lost his/her life. There are so many bad people in this world now, and it worries me, the idea of bringing up my family in a world the way it is now is frightening. Is there anything we can do to make it a better place?

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 4:06 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Age dos not matter, we can all see the world is not a nice place. All we can do is raise our kids the best as possible.
    ..............

Drugs have killed a lot of brain cells, so there are a lot of crazies out there. If we only teach what drugs are doing maybe we can safe some.
    .................................

I do think the world have alway been dangerous, but now with media we see everything whats going on all at once.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:21 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Nah, the world's the same way it's always been, we've just got more news shows and TV that shows us it now.
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 5:55 AM on May. 17, 2011

• If it bleeds it leads...that's why all you see on the news is violence.

Bad things happen all the time and they will continue to happen because human beings are violent and greedy.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:06 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Watch, TV, Movies, video games, and listen to Rap. you might figure it out.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:19 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Strive harder to be a better person and to raise your children to be good people. With all the bad going on there are still tons of really good people out there. Live your life to the fullest and don't sweat the small stuff. I think there's always been really bad things going on, we just hear about it more now.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 4:10 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Yes and it always starts with us treating others the way we want to be treated.

Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 4:14 AM on May. 17, 2011

• There is little we can do. I Volunteer all over the United State Parks. I enjoy helping the Parks and Recreation because I feel it makes the world a little nicer to be inn.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 4:36 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Some people also need to start speaking up when they might witness something bad like the neighborhood watch kinda thing. Teach the children respect, honesty, be kind to others even if they are not kind to u, (threre is a point were its not possible). And finally, the fed gov needs focus more on the citizens here and put more money into providing more law enforcement. More cops there are, the less crime u have. Also when the economy is down, the crime goes up, so the government needs to give a kick the ass in the economy and get better paying jobs and put a tighter reign on the unions and for them to only make reasonable demands on the employers. People have jobs, they are too busy to commit crimes. So there is actually alot we can do for ourselves to make it better, but it begins at home, and everyone has to work towards a common goal and cooperate.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 6:10 AM on May. 17, 2011

• "Nah, the world's the same way it's always been, we've just got more news shows and TV that shows us it now"
    Thats not true. Crimes against people, property ect is up alot then it was say 10 yrs ago or so. We are alot more violent as a society, nobody wants to do anything unless there is something in it for them. Nobody now will admit blame, its always somebody elses fault they murdered someone and uses the exuse that they had a bad childhood or something. People now days have they mentality of "see no evil, hear no evil" or "it doesn't effect me directly, I do not care". Society as a whole has gotten much worse then it it was back in he 50's or 60;s, hell even the 80's wasn't bad as it is now.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 6:19 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Where is see a lot of darkness is in politics, I grow up thinking we can change things, But what I have seen it does not really matter what we do.
    People don't do the research and believe what they are told. And let both parties put people dumb and dumber up for us to vote for. They are puppets for the Very rich, like the Clintons, Kennedy's, Bushes, etc. you know who I'm talking about.
    But these people get you to hate the hard working people, who are, Business men, Doctors, Layers, who go to school for years and work 6 days a week to make over 150K and call them rich and think it is okay to take 1/2 their pay. And share with you? What make you think it is okay to steal from another
    If you are thought history you will know that our Government has done things we should not proud of. People will believe what they hear not what they see.
    On CM women defending Bush and Obama, that is always a big shocker for me.Why?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:46 AM on May. 17, 2011