Anyone have an Ereader?

Does anyone have a kindle or any of the other Ereaders? If so how do you like it? I've been considering getting one because I love to read I just can't do it in the dark!

onemellowmom

Asked by onemellowmom at 4:40 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Technology

• I have a Kindle and absolutely love it! I don't know much about the Ereader other than what I've seen on TV. I've heard the Kindle is the only one that has a" No Glare" screen,, that is so important because I take mine to the beach and in the car and it truly doesn't have any glare. You buy your books off Amazon, the prices vary, there's a lot of free ones! I've never paid more than $ 7.00 for a new release. I know in book stores you pay a lot more! When you purchase a book, it is automatically delivered in less than 60 seconds plus you can have free samples of any book delivered to your kindle before purchasing, to see if your interested first. I would definitely recommend the kindle!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:43 AM on May. 17, 2011

• My sister has a Kindle, and she only has good things to say about it! She adores it.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 4:42 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I have a Kobo, borders ereader, it was less expensive than the others. $90 I believe, has wifi, and I love it. It's not in color though, in case that matters. I take it everywhere with me.
    AimBre

Answer by AimBre at 5:35 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I have a Kindle ... LOVE IT! Have used it poolside with no problem as far as glare. Lots of free books available for download; cost of the others is not bad at all. The downloads are instantaeneous and yes, you can sample a book before purchasing.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:52 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I have an original Nook . Love it. Not sure about the Kindle, etc. but the Nook is NOT backlit, so you can't read in the dark if that's what you're thinking. I just got my son a Nook Color and will be upgrading myself, probably.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:37 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My DS has a Nook Color. He likes it. It took a little bit to figure out how to do certain things like download from the public library. But now that he can do that he is having a blast. In fact, he is home sick and curled up with it now.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:44 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Awesome! Thanks!!
    onemellowmom

Comment by onemellowmom (original poster) at 4:45 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Thanks ladies! I think I'm sold on getting a kindle, Does a kindle have a way you can transfer your purchased books to an external hard drive or do you have to just delete them when you run out of space?
    onemellowmom

Comment by onemellowmom (original poster) at 2:14 PM on May. 17, 2011

• nope sorry
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 11:36 AM on May. 18, 2011