how much is to much?

how much milk (formula) should my 2 and a half week old be drinking? cuz hes been drinking 5 ounces.. is that to much?

TeenMom17-Mszy

Asked by TeenMom17-Mszy at 3:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if he's not spitting up it's not too much imo
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 3:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• It depends. Is he keeping it all down or is he throwing most of it back up? I am a firm believer in feeding your child if they are hungry, so if he is keeping it down, then I would not worry about it. My daughter was not 2 weeks when she was routinely eating 4-5 ounces, but she was about 4 weeks, and people tried to tell me I was overfeeding her. Pfft. Whatever.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• yea he keeps it all down, he even wants another ounce but im afraid to give him to much..
    TeenMom17-Mszy

Answer by TeenMom17-Mszy at 3:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• my one month old drinks 5oz and I was worried that it was to much. The doc said as long as shes taking it then its fine!!!! Your baby is fine!!!
    sunshine21pa

Answer by sunshine21pa at 3:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• give him what he wants. as long as he isn't spitting up he's fine... but i wouldn't give him the other ounce if after about 5 minutes he's fine.. cause it just might nothave "hit bottom" yet. Thats how my son used to be... he's probably going through a growth spurt.. my son would eat alot and then the next week he would two ounces less. so your baby is fine =D you just have a big eater on your hands ... have fun affording that one! haha jk
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Both of my kids ate at least 5 ounces when they were under a month old. I actually (I know they say not too in most cases for allergy problems mostly) had to put in some infant cereal in their morning and night time bottles or they would eat all day long and still want more, without spitting it up. The only time they were not wanting more was when they were sleeping. My mother actually told me about this and she did it with all 7 of us to help us sleep through the night and it works. My oldest was completely sleeping through the night when she was 2 1/2 weeks old.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 4:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• The thing about formula fed babies is that they will continue to want more because of the sucking reflex that they have. It's not really more food that they are wanting, it is the sucking that they like.
    Anonymous

• as long as he is drinking it and not spitting most of it up, then yes.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• As long as he is keeping it down i wouldnt worry
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 7:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2008