Which one are you?

How do you prepare for a diet? Say the week/weekend before you know you are going to start. Do you usually start cutting back on portion size and choose salad over fries or do you binge on all your favorites as kind of a last supper?

sipn_mom

Asked by sipn_mom at 7:03 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I start cutting back, moderation is the key to all good and bad things!
    triciabc21

Answer by triciabc21 at 2:25 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I'm the type of dieter who says :'I'll have just one chocolate, then another, and another, maybe I should start my diet tomorrow.'

Tomorrow never comes :(
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 7:17 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Fad diets don't work for just that reason. Try changing your belief system about the food that you know isn't healthy. Once you convince yourself that those ho ho's are going to give you diabetes, you won't even want them anymore.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 7:39 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I agree with nepenthe429. You really have to change your views of food for anything to work in the long term. Otherwise, as soon as you get tired of the limited selection of the diet du jour, you'll binge on all the foods you've been limiting yourself from. Diet is a four-letter word for a reason- you need to do something you can keep up for the rest of your life if you want any weight loss to stick. Having a "diet mentality" leads to yo-yo dieting. "Diets" are a temporary fix to a permanent problem, and unless you make permanent changes, the weight will always come back.  Here's some advice for you that may help you without limiting you so much.

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:09 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I binge like crazy!
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 7:18 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I don't know- for me I had to just jump right in. No binge eating before. Just the moment I thought it that was the moment I started =)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:42 PM on May. 17, 2011