Have you gotten your garden in yet? What did you plant?

Mrs_Harsh

Asked by Mrs_Harsh at 7:31 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I'm so grumpy, I planted a ton of stuff and none of it is even blooming yet :-(

tomatoes, strawberries, watermelon, peas, sunflowers, pumpkins, cucumbers, radish and carrotts
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:35 AM on May. 17, 2011

• This is my first year gardening. So far I've planted yukon gold potatoes (in a container), carrots and green onions. They all started sprouting over the weekend and I was completely geeking out over it! I'm putting in a small raised bed this weekend for cukes and lettuce and I've still got to transfer my basil and parsley that I got for Mother's Day. I might do some tomatoes too.
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 7:38 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Vegetable or flower garden?

We have both going already.  Roses in the flower gardens in the front yard. And tomatos, bell peppers, strawberries. cucumbers hot peppers okra.

Answer by louise2 at 7:38 AM on May. 17, 2011

• cucumbers, carrots and dill, and a very big blueberry bush! my flower garden consists of a variety of annuals. everything is going great this year!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:46 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Not yet been too cold here. Hopefully we had our last frost last week. I did get what i need for a good fence this year. Steel posts and wood for a gate. that will get put up today. Also will be making another compost. I have tomatoes and peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, cucumbers, and melons that I planted earlier inside ready to go. Daughter also bought me a lot more tomatoes for my birthday. So i also need to till another small spot for all of them. Tomorrow a plan on getting in the beans, peas, spinach, head and leaf lettuce, onions, radishes, potatoes and new asparagus in. I also need to transfer the new sucker raspberries out of the lawn and around the parameter of the garden. Then I need to get the grapes from Moms house and transplant.
    daps

Answer by daps at 7:47 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Garden is in! We have lettuce, tomatoes, brussels sprouts, broccoli, crowder peas, english peas, corn, potatoes, cukes, carrots, cabbage and radishes...I think that's it! It's a big 'un. It's a family garden so we need lots of veggies for all of us.
    BryRon

Answer by BryRon at 7:52 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Tomatoes, Green Peppers, Blue Berry bushes, Strawberries, Basil, Oregano, and thyme are all in.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:59 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I keep saying I am going to start a garden and every year I don't. Shame on me.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 4:01 PM on May. 17, 2011

• We got onions, garlic, tomatoes, bush beans, turnips, corn, peppers, and a few other things in already.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:35 AM on May. 17, 2011

• No, my back yard has flooded worse this yr than any other yr... so I am debating wither or not
    I am going to do one at all and just go help my mother out with her's and her small kiddie garden
    she is creating for the great grandchildren this yr...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:09 PM on May. 17, 2011