How...

can I be effacing without dilating? I am closed but 75% effaced and baby at -1 station. Is this good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Thats pretty normal. I effaced b efore I started to dialate. Every woman is different. You should be getting close once youre at 100 effaced then you should start or be in labor.

Answer by gemgem at 3:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Effacing is the thinning of the cervix and dilation is the opening of it. The cervix has to thin out before it can fully open. They happen at the same time but at different rates. The effacing comes first. -1 station means the baby is descending down through the pelvis. It is a good sign. You're almost there. Hang in there!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2008