Follow up post about my weird skin allergic reaction:

well some of you know i had an odd allergic reaction two nights ago and i wasn't sure the cause. i assumed it was brought on by me touching my cucumber plant in my garden. anyway hours later i developed clusters of raised bumps all over my body that itched like hell. i was up half the night itching. yesterday morning, i woke up and everything had cleared up, and no itching. there were no signs of anything anymore, so i figured why go to the doctor if he can't even see the rash? he'll think i'm just nuts.. LOL. anyway, it flared up again last night around 9:30pm. it was kind of slow, started off with itching here and there and before i knew it i was covered in the bumps again. even my head itched! i found some anti-itch cream and thankfully it helped me get a good night's sleep. but this morning, the bumps are gone AGAIN and so is the itching? WTH!? how am i gonna get this checked out when it goes away during the day? LOL is this unusual or common for allergy rashes? should i go anyway this morning? never had a reaction before so unsure what to do in this situation. thanks!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:43 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Health

• Sounds like urticaria . . . hives. There are homeopathic remedies for it if you don't want to be on steroids. You need to find out what the trigger is unless you want to go through allergy testing. Some of the remedies I have found useful are homeopathic rhus toxicodendron, Apis mellificus, belladonna . . . And there is a good combination remedy from hyland's too. Another thing to think about is if you are experiencing some stress in your life. Hives can seemingly come from out of the blue but they are a buildup of toxins and histamine responding to chronic cortisol elevation. Drink lots of water, get on a good fish oil/omega 3 supplement, probiotics and whole food multivitamin along with regular exercise.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 7:56 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Could be from cold weather, i had em when i was a teenager & i would get hives everytime i would be cold, it was awful! I dont know if there is a cure for this but mines went away after a few years, it was very strange, it just showed up one day & was gone the next...
    Milani_Hunni

Answer by Milani_Hunni at 8:00 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Could be from cold weather, i had em when i was a teenager & i would get hives everytime i would be cold, it was awful.

I have that- there is a name for it but can't remember what it is- I though I was crazy when we moved to Utah and I had stupid bumpy itchy rashes all the time on my hands and whatnot...then I saw them talking about it on that doctors show. I was like OMG! I'm NOT insane after all! Thank goodness we moved to a warmer place...I still get if I I have my hands in cold water at all and whatnot
    ***************
    *anyhow- not sure that's what this is, but I would talk to the doctor about it and see what they say!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:32 AM on May. 17, 2011