What on Earth Do I do with All This????

My dh planted a garden. It took off and now I have a TON of yellow squash and zucchini. I've never eaten squash and zucchini and have no clue what to do with it all. My Dh would like for me too cook it and serve it for meals, but how? What do you make with it or make it into? How do you cook and serve it?

I'm so clueless! Help!

There's enough here I think to feed the neighborhood for a week, lol!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Food & Drink

• you can grill zukes, sprinkle a bit of salt over top to draw out the moisture dab with a paper towel, then sprinkle olive oil and salt n pepper then grill em. You can make zuke bread. also you can shred it to freeze it, You can add it to pasta sauces. You can make fired zuchinni planks, Baked zuchinni with pasta sauce and mozzarella over top like lasagana.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:55 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Oh also make stuffed zuchinni boats * can do with yellow squash as well* Take 1 lb hamburger, 1 small box instant rice, 2 tsp pepper, 1 tsp salt, 1 can of tomatoe soup undiluted, and 1/2 onion diced and 1/2 pepper diced. Mix all together, Stuff into hollowed out zukes and bake.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:56 AM on May. 17, 2011

• You can also can it (Which is a whole process in itself) or you can cut it up and store it in the freezer in a ziplock. That will save it for future use.

Look up online for recipes using those veggies.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:00 AM on May. 17, 2011

• The pp's said what I was going to say :-) You can also make bread out of it - and it's actually pretty good :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:12 AM on May. 17, 2011

• You can make zucchini or squash bread...sounds weird but tastes like banana bread.
    ponderous

Answer by ponderous at 8:48 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I use zucchini with my spaghetti sometimes instead of meat. I also boil squash and butter, salt and pepper. It's good for a side dish. Just google some recipes. If you still have too much, just give some to family and friends that will eat it.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 9:18 AM on May. 17, 2011

• You can shred or chunk both up and add to spaghetti sauce - really yummy. You can slice/chunk both, put in a large shallow pan with just a little water and some butter, and steam/saute it (got the idea from 5dollardinners.com and it is really yummy!). You can cut either one into strips and grill or bake/roast. You can shred zucchini and make into breads, bars, muffins, brownies, all kinds of things. You can give me some because it's still cold here and we just got our garden planted!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Vegetable soup is delicious with zucchini and squash, warm bread and butter. A great healthy (mostly) meal.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:22 PM on May. 17, 2011