Over the years, what have you learned about being a parent? And if you were to start over, what would you do differently?

Im a college student and early childhood education major trying to interview different parents to get insight on parenting. If your open to answering any other questions similar to this one, please send me a message or leave an email address where i can reach you. Thank you in advance to all hte parents that help answer this question!

princesshareen

Asked by princesshareen at 4:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• As a parent of two teenagers ages 16 & 18 we have learned:

We must pick and choose our battles.

Our children will outgrow us eventually.

Even when your child has moved out of the house you still worry about them as if they were home.

Never kill their sweet spirits with punishment that is too harsh.

Tomorrow is always a better day.

There will never be a girl good enough for my sons. :O) (Yes, I know....I'm in trouble)

If you never give them wings they will never fly. They have to make their own choices when appropriate so they can make their own mistakes and learn from them.

I could write a book about my life, marriage, and my wonderful sons but I won't take up anymore space here. Thanks for the question. I could go on and on. LOL
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 4:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2008