So what happened that they closed down like a ton of Starbucks?

AmY403

Asked by AmY403 at 2:39 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Food & Drink

• They had expanded too quickly, making the mistake of thinking that what worked in high income areas would work everywhere. It didn't. With many people having to cut back on discretionary spending, Starbucks sales are way down. Starbucks or gas for the car...let me see...which one will it be?
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:06 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I think I heard about that on the news last week or the week before. It had something to do with the economy--everyone's cinching up their wallets, and Starbucks is starting to lose business.
    nettie04

Answer by nettie04 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Too many stores, not enough customers.
    There's one intersection in my town that has one on three of the four corners!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Their coffee is way way too expensive,no wonder they have to close down 600 stores.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• They closed down to train their employees across the USA to serve coffee right.
    tigerlilly_714

Answer by tigerlilly_714 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 19, 2008