How do you get more energy?

I'm pregnant with our 3rd baby. It will be our 3rd boy. With each pregnancy I do get tired easily, but this time it seems worse. I can't get enough sleep, even though I'm sleeping 8 or more hours per night. I still needs naps, and sometimes I have to have some coffee to get me through the day. I can't always take a nap either, it depends on if my husband gets home from work early enough for me to sleep before dinnertime. How can I get more energy without having more caffeine? I'm afraid I'm getting addicted to it, though I only have one cup per day. Now it seems like I need it, even though it only keeps me alert for a couple hours. I just don't know how moms of 3 or more kids do it! I'm exhausted all the time, and we're going to have another one soon, yikes!

pixiestix21

Asked by pixiestix21 at 8:36 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Eat a lot of fruits, and dont do too much. I was really tired alll the time with both of my sons, especialy my second. At the end of my pregnancy I slept for about 18 hours out of the day, I couldnt keep my eyes open!

good luck!
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 8:39 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I changed my diet and like PP said, included more fruits and natural carbs to help get energy.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:45 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Coffee is fine in moderation. A cup of coffee a day won't harm your baby at all. The only time coffee is not OK when preggers, is if you're drinking 3+ glasses in a row. My Dr. told me i could safely have 4 cups of coffee a day as long as I'm not drinking them one after the other & spacing them out. But...i stuck to one cup a day.

I was like you...i would go to bed at 10 sometimes & not wake up until 1:00 pm the next day.

You can take some spirulina, which is a green algae pill & it does give you a boost. I think mainly because of b vitamins, but they really do work & they are good for you too. My sister recommended them to me when i was pregnant & i did take them sometimes with my Dr.'s approval.

Do you drink enough water & eat healthy? Your diet can make you even more tired if you're not eating healthy enough
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:45 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I do eat healthy most of the time. Being pregnant, I definitely have unhealthy cravings and I give in to them a lot. lol I'm going to try having more fruit throughout the day. I usually at least have an apple or two, but I could have more. Maybe I could also try having whole wheat bread more. THank you all for the replies! Hopefully eating more fruit will help.
    pixiestix21

Comment by pixiestix21 (original poster) at 9:32 AM on May. 17, 2011