Blogs

Why do certain people dismiss blogs without consideration to who the blogger is, the credibility, links to sources, etc..?

There are several blogs that go beyond the opinion stage and are written by professionals with experience in the field, that back up what they have to say.

I notice certain people do that and I believe it is to avoid admitting they can not dispute it. Or else they are not intelligent enough to know the difference.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 8:45 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• IDK, i have had many blogs dismissed just because they come from a Liberal blogger. No body cares to read them or even see who wrote it.

I notice certain people do that too, not just on here but other debate groups i belong to online.

I think mostly, they just don't take the time to read it & pretend like they did. Many times i see people comment as if they read it, but their answer has nothing to do really with the blog.

I'm sure sometimes people just can't dispute it though like you said, so they get all defensive.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:52 AM on May. 17, 2011

• No body cares to read them or even see who wrote it.

If someone uses a blog, either side of the political spectrum, I google to see who it is and their credibility in what they are writing as well as if they have links to sources that are credible.  I hold my own use of them to the same standards.

Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 8:56 AM on May. 17, 2011

• There are just as many reasons to dismiss blogs as there are reasons to dismiss main stream news outlets.

IMO citing a source on CM isn't for the purposes of showing proof that your opinion is correct, it's just to show where you got the information you're discussing.

I think some people believe a source should be concrete information or a non disputable fact, rather than an opinion backed up by facts. It seems like the difference of opinion lies in the purpurpose of citing, not so much in the source.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:02 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Why do certain people dismiss blogs without consideration to who the blogger is, the credibility, links to sources, etc..?

Ask your conservative pals

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:10 AM on May. 17, 2011

Ask your conservative pals
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins

How about if I ask YOU?
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 9:11 AM on May. 17, 2011

• B

L

O

G
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:33 PM on

I posted a very credible blog that linked to a very well researched paper by very credible authors, and This^ was your reply. The reason I asked the question.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 9:13 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Yeah I wonder why they are so quick to dismiss it as well. I figure the same as you mention. They realize they can not dispute the blog.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I posted a very credible blog that linked to a very well researched paper by very credible authors, and This^ was your reply. The reason I asked the question.

I know you directed this Q at me...I get it....but I gave the SAME answer that YOU and your girly squad give when a BLOG is posted...you don't put any weight in it BECAUSE ITS A BLOG...so you posted a blog....and....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:37 AM on May. 17, 2011

• .but I gave the SAME answer that YOU and your girly squad give when a BLOG is posted...you don't put any weight in it BECAUSE ITS A BLOG.

See what I wrote above. Many of the blogs that YOU use are nothing more than opinion pieces with nothing to show any credibility. And if they are credible then I will dispute them if I do not agree and there are other sources to back up my dispute.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 9:40 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Or else they are not intelligent enough to know the difference.

I guess you fit into this^^ category.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 9:42 AM on May. 17, 2011