If i go natural does it really hurt like ppl say?

Does it really tear u down there ? does it feel as bad as ppl say? how long does it take to recover?

momtobe522

Asked by momtobe522 at 8:53 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes you can tear, yes it hurts. But how much depends on the woman. Some women don't have exceptionally bad labors, while others have horrific pain
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:57 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Everyone is different and has a different level of pain tolerance, and I suppose depending on the size of your hoo hoo and your baby you might tear. I was asking for epidural and 4 cm dialated on both mine, and my friend had no idea she was in labor at 7 cm dialated. I had stitches for both, minor tearing, I quit bleeding after about a month.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 8:57 AM on May. 17, 2011

• i have felt much worse pain in my life. when they had to pull my wisdom tooth a few years ago0 & chip my jawbone away to get it all out...i was in such bad pain that i was screaming "i would rather be in labor 100 times then feel this mouth pain" and i was serious.

I have a high pain tolerance & i was really determined to have a baby naturally. With my determination & lack of fear, it didn't hurt as bad as everyone says. mind very matter is very true. If you're scared & expect it to be super painful, then it's going to hurt more. If you're tough, not scared & get excited about it...it will hurt less.

I can definitely say though, that it really was not the worst pain i have ever felt. I have had diarrhea cramps hurt much worse than labor pain.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:58 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Mind OVER matter.....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:59 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I dn't know what you've heard but I've experienced a c-section, recovery was ok, a vaginal birth with epidural, most difficult recovery. and 2 vaginal births with no drugs, one was with inducing, one without, the one without was by far the best recovery I have every experienced!
    It can be scarry feeling everything, imo, but when they say that pushing feels good it does!!! You're having a contraction and push and that pain goes away. Atleast it did in my expereince. I have heard other women say that it still hurt but the recovery was so worth it for me to go without drugs again.. However my deliveries were quick, so I don't know if that factors in. God luck!!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:01 AM on May. 17, 2011

• damn sounds painful lol
    momtobe522

Comment by momtobe522 (original poster) at 9:04 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I was wondering the same thing. I had 2 kids with epidurals, but this time (august 9th) I had a problem with the epidural with baby number 2 so I am afraid to get one, but i can't tollerate pain at all
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:07 AM on May. 17, 2011

• It hurts, biut the recovery is a lot easier. Prepare yourself for a natural birth! Look into hypno-birthing and join natural birthing groups on this site for advice and support. Good luck!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:08 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I wouldn't know, I wasn't that brave. Lol
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 9:09 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Mine with my daughter was DAMNED painfull, but I lived through it, that and after an hour of yelling I finally got my epidural
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:09 AM on May. 17, 2011