How do you deal with a child who is VERY spirited and has his own way of doing things at 3?

minrudd

Asked by minrudd at 8:57 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If the child is happy, let him be....i assume a he b/c of the way you stated this....
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 8:58 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I kept a bottle of Jagermister in the fridge for times like that :). I just made sure my daughter followed the rules, when she didn't there were consequences for her and Jager for me lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:00 AM on May. 17, 2011

• That would be my youngest DD and she will be 2 at the end of july. I just give her her independece and help her if she needs it. She is a very good girl, but likes to do things on her own.I just go with the flow with her (well unless it comes to eating or bed time then she doesn't have a choice) what type of things is your little one doing?
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:01 AM on May. 17, 2011

• He is just a crazy man wiith a mind of his own. he has come very far in the last year but he can be so difficult at times. It's even harder because my oldest was NOT like this lol.
    minrudd

Comment by minrudd (original poster) at 9:02 AM on May. 17, 2011

• LOL, yea your first child is the mole, they are so easy. So we as parents automaticly think it's because we rock at this whole parenting thing and ooooh lets have another because we are soo good........Then the second child comes along and we realize that we had NOTHING to do with the first child being sooo easy LOL> Hang in there mama, this too shall pass. My daughter is my High Spirited child
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:07 AM on May. 17, 2011

• My oldest did not outgrow the high-spirited tendency. She is 20 now and a HUGE pain in the butt! Love her lots, but does it make sense that my 20-year-old is more work than my 4-year-old??
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:58 AM on May. 17, 2011

• If ur child is not in any harm or a danger to himself, leave him be help when asked for it or even ask before you are asked. get more invoved. it's the little things that count when they are young.
    aw98223

Answer by aw98223 at 2:18 PM on May. 17, 2011