So much for BF and healthier babies!!!

Gosh, I hate daycare!!! Enough said hu? DD is only 4 mo and had a cough and now pink eye. Poor little thing is the happiest baby i know, she doesn't even know how to cry :) Poor thing she woke up to eat this morning, couldn't even open her eyes and was smiling when she heard our voices.....Too bad the parent that realized their child had pink eye couldn't even have the damn decency to call daycare and let them know!!

Whew, thanks for listening just had to get that out :) Hope everyone is have a little better day :)

yesmaam

Asked by yesmaam at 9:11 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DragonRider, formula babies can recover just as well from pink eye and runny noses. Just saying. BF and FF babies all eat, all get sick, all get better.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 9:32 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Aww, anytime your child is in daycare they are at risk for those kinds of virus. I know it sucks and it's hard, but try to think of it as positive in the long run. The only way an immune system gets strong is by being worked, and it ONLY gets worked when exposed to germs and virus and such.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:13 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Thats the risk with daycare and in schools. Some parents take their kids sick and dont seem to care about how it might be spread to other kids. You know, they cant call in and risk that almighty $.

Answer by gemgem at 9:31 AM on May. 17, 2011

• i guess bf-ing can't keep germs away, huh?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:32 AM on May. 17, 2011

• The thing with breastfeeding and illness is sometimes hard to explain. Because your child drinks breastmilk, it is possible and likely that she did not get AS sick as she would/could have, had she NOT been breastfed. I'm sorry your LO is sick. Breast milk in the eye is great for pink eye.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:34 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I don't know about the breast feeding aspect but I sure do hate when parents send their kids to daycare or Preschool sick. I think it is downright THE most inconsiderate thing that a parent can do. That shows sheer disregard for the other poor babies, toddlers and teachers there. My Son got sick from one kid in Preschool with green snot pouring out of his nose. He was sick for Mothers day and now I am Soooo sick with a sinus infection and cough & I am VERY pregnant by the way with only a few weeks to go. I really wish parents had more consideration these days. I hope your baby is better soon :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:44 AM on May. 17, 2011

• sorry but from personal experience, beinf bf dosen't mean you will automatically have an awesome immune system. I bf my dd for a very short time before changing to formula and i ff'd my son. Neither have been sick other than seasonal allergies. My brother's oldest and youngest child have beed ebf and they always get sick, and dh's sister's oldest was bf the youngest was ff and they both stay sick all the time. imo what they're fed as a baby has nothing to do with it.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:09 AM on May. 17, 2011

• aww poor kid, but its the day care that's at fault, not BF.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:25 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Breastfeeding is a RISK REDUCER. Not an impenetrable shield.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:36 PM on May. 17, 2011

• The doctor will give her something for conjunctivitis. Ask the teacher in writing to tell you if a child has some contagious conditions. Teachers assume that mothers work so they don't bother to tell. If you specifically notified the school they in the obligation to help you to prevent your child from catching any more conditions from other children. I did myself. Every time the teacher suspects a child to be getting sick she calls me right away. Thank god I don't work so I can at that instant pick up my child from school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on May. 17, 2011