Sick and prego so anything I can take

Im 11 wks along im conjested and have a sore throat it sucks :( can I take anything that will help??

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 9:38 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure what meds are ok for pregnant women (it has been 5 yrs since I was last pregnant). I would suggest you talk to your doctor or a pharmacist and see what meds are ok to use during pregnancy. One thing that makes me feel better when I have a sore throat is drinking hot tea with honey and lemon in it. You can also gargle with warm salt water (and spit it out when done). I hope you feel better soon! It sucks to be sick when pregnant!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:43 AM on May. 17, 2011

• benadryl and tylenol at the lowest doses are the only things safe during pregnancy...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 9:46 AM on May. 17, 2011

• hot water with lemon and honey is great for the throat and relaxing
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 9:48 AM on May. 17, 2011

• i'm with lovingliam.. in the first trimester you want to stay away from meds
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:35 AM on May. 17, 2011

• You can take any sudafed product if you think it is allergy. Tylenol or benadryl. Hot cider or tea helped to sooth my throat and opened my sinuses too.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 11:00 AM on May. 17, 2011

• i would call ur drs office they are the only ones that can tell u for sure what is safe for you to take good luck feel better
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 1:03 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Thank u I drank some tea with honey that helped I just really dont feel good
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 5:00 PM on May. 17, 2011