Why in the world do people think breastmilk is a cure all?

Seriously, putting breastmilk in your eye if you get pink eye? What next, it cures cancer? I get the idea of benefits of feeding it to your child, but come on people, it's not a miracle drug.

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 10:12 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Health

• lmao..who would even think to do that.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:15 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Awh - did you formula feed?
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 10:19 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Are you mad that it helps pink eye?
    Well, it very well may help cure cancer. I know that breastfeeding greatly reduces your chances of breast cancer.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:19 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I have never used it for anything like that so I don't know. It fed my babies and that was about it. I have wondered the same thing.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:13 AM on May. 17, 2011

• It has antibacterial, antiviral and anti parasitic properties. I think that pretty much says it all.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 10:15 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I'm just saying that breast milk is not a natural remedy for every aliment that comes along.

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) a minute ago

You are correct, but it does in fact help pink eye, and ear infections.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:23 AM on May. 17, 2011

• for hundred of years it has worked well to feed and have healthy babies, why change now?

.................................................................................
    You must be into a comical world, nothing natural that is okay if it works for you?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:18 AM on May. 17, 2011

• You must be into a comical world, nothing natural that is okay if it works for you?
    -gammie

Sorry, gammie, but I don't even know what you are talking about here. What is a comical world? I don't see the humor with this. Besides, I'm not saying that natural remedies don't work, I'm just saying that breast milk is not a natural remedy for every aliment that comes along.

scout_mom

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) at 10:22 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Yes, I did formula feed, and I breast fed too, not that it matters with this.
    scout_mom

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) at 10:23 AM on May. 17, 2011

• You just seem angry that people use breast milk for anything other than feeding their babies. Breast milk has natural antibodies, which, SURPRISE, helps fight numerous infections. Let me know if you ever get pink eye and I'll squirt you from here. I'm a breast milk sharp shooter.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 10:25 AM on May. 17, 2011