sad

well i want to go back to work but i dont want to leave my baby he is 14 months now and my husben tells me to go to work and we will find some to look after him when i am at work ,,,but i dont feel good leaveing him with some one i dont know ,,what should i do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in General Parenting

• Leave him with someone you do know? My kids both went to this one daycare, they are really nice and I trust them, and they both had so much fun. It's good socializing for them too, and they learn a lot and eat a healthy lunch...just do some research, find out prices, and interview the center to find something you're comfortable with.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i didn't want 2 leave my daughter eithier but i had 2 but i left her with a family member that could watch her i felt better bout that then with a stranger
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Uhggg, I'm sorry. DHs hours just got cut so I will have to find some type of part time work. We don't want DD in daycare, not that we could even afford it. I will be looking for a min. wage "after school" type job. I have college degree and I am striving to work at Starbucks for now....gotta love the humor in that! Would it be possible to arrange it so you didn't have to put your child in daycare, and you and DH work opposite shifts? My DH and I have already discussed how it is going to be a change for our relationship, but since our marriage is so important to us we will be working extra to not forget about it in the mix of it all.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon 5:30. Hubby and I worked opposite shifts for five years, so dd only had 2-3 hours of daycare at a time, and not any on days off. I know it's still daycare, but it's much cheaper and only a few hours of worry rather than all day. Good luck.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• so i guess im not that worried about daycare, me and my guy both work days and my son went to daycare for awhile and he will go back when we have more money, but those weeks he was at daycare i wasnt worried. he stays with my family when me and my guy are at work now, so maybe there is someone that you trust that will watch him while you work. i know it can be tough if you and your guy work different shifts just so you can save money or not put kids in daycare.
    Anonymous