What would you do?? I am speechless...

We had friends leading the Green Acres lifestyle. Her son was friends with my son and that is how we really met after they left the city life for the farming lifestyle. We would hang out every summer with them when we went down to Florida. When my father passed she sent me a sympathy card and talked to me online and was very sweet.But since the half past 8 months I noticed she has made a lot of farming friends and has not been as friendly toward me. I understand she is busy but to blow off my e-mail all because I asked her if she got annoyed that I tagged her in a pic that I could not send by e-mail? She acts as if she got annoyed that I sent a pic of when we hung out together on her wall so her other farming friends would see. She never acknowledged the pic. She has  not reponded to my e mails and keeps posting weird status shuffles. WTH? I know this is really pathetic to think I do not need her but come on, why?? I never did anyhting wrong to her!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• People are weird. You know in your heart you have done nothing wrong, remember that and know that she is having some kind of personal issue. Just stop contacting her. It is sad though, but it may be time to move on.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:30 AM on May. 17, 2011

• People just grow apart, but it still hurts just wondering why?

It has happen to all of us :(
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:23 AM on May. 17, 2011

• It may be hard for you to let go of her friendship because of who she used to be, but she may not be that person anymore. If it's closure you seek, she may not give that to you. You asked her what the deal was and she went off on you, she emailed you, on the internet, saying she has no internet. It seems like she's not interested in being your friend anymore. It doesn't mean you were a bad friend or did anything wrong, it just means she's changed from the person you remember. If I were in that position, I'd delete her from my profile and that's that. I know it's easier said than done, but I too had to accept that a childhood friend was no longer the sweet girl I remembered. Perhaps she found that she fits in better with the Green Acres crowd. Whatever the reason, think of someone that does contact you regularly and comments on pix etc. and work on friendships that are worth working on. Good luck.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 12:14 PM on May. 17, 2011

• She has done this before on a regular e-mai about 6 months agol. She got offended that I was asking why she was not writing back and then she tells me she does not have internet access and her phone does not get service where she lives by the farms. Just telling me she did not like the nasty e-mail I sent her all I asked was why she was not writing... I never cursed or said anything bad to her. Just fricken weird...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:28 AM on May. 17, 2011

• You think? I am so done, the nicer you are to people the more they think they are all that with you. This summer my son better have his father take him to see his friend he wants because I am done being a fool to this green acres momma. DOne!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:34 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Does anyone else have anymore advice?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:08 AM on May. 17, 2011

• If she's done this before, why would you want to continue the friendship? You can't stronghold someone to be friends with you if they choose not too and you cannot have your husband take his son to see this little boy if the parents refuses to be friends with you.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:04 PM on May. 17, 2011

• People change... I changed from who I was in my high school and college days. Friends from that time frame try to get me to go out with them, and I did a few times, but they live a carefree non structured life...and well, I have to wake up the next morning and still be a mom and wife. I love my life as it is now.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:56 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Yes, she went from city to country. Her son had a lot of problems with the school that he attended. The father also had problems in town with a lot of prople.So they left in the middle of ths school year. We were invited down to see them and they are very far from stores and malls and pracitcally in the boondocks. She told me by phne that she had no internet and just wifi. She would always comment on my pics and statuses but when I tagged a pic she went off only thing is that I told her I could not send it by e-mail and tagged her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:32 PM on May. 17, 2011