How long after your bloody show do you go into labor? adult content

how long after you have your bloody show do you usually go into labor ? or does it not even matter ?

mommyof0210

Asked by mommyof0210 at 10:27 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well, my bloody show happened after my water broke (water broke about 18 hours before I had my first contraction). It does vary from woman to woman, so there isn't really a set time from bloody show to labor. Similar to dropping or losing your mucus plug, these all happen (most of the time), but they aren't definitive signs of labor.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:29 AM on May. 17, 2011

• i had my baby 3 hours after!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:30 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Hmmm. I never had a 'bloody show'. I knew I was in labor when the contractions were about 8 minutes apart and regular. Nothing before that was an indcation that I was in labor. My water never broke. They broke it in the hospital when I was about to deliver and I suppose the 'bloody show" happened then too.
    I am guessing that your labor is about to start,if it hasn't aready.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:31 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I had it at 32 weeks, and didn't go for 6 more weeks. One time is was 2 weeks before. If it's longer than the mucus plug can rebuild itself a well.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:37 AM on May. 17, 2011

• It doesn't matter. You can NEVER have it and have a fast labor. Have it hours before labor or even have it weeks before. :) No real idea.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:55 AM on May. 17, 2011