Help! Dumb question about pregnancy but... ? adult content

I have been congested from a sinus infection & I coughed so hard that I gagged & totally peed my pants (don't laugh, thank goodness I was home!). How do you know the difference of just peeing your pants as opposed to your water breaking? (now you can laugh!) LOL!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• haha thats funny! i did that when i was pregnant too! .. i never had my water break but i was told the smell is different! not really sure ..
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:40 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I am doing that all the time!! And if I get sick I pee myself too!!! My water broke with my last one (in public) and all I can tell you is that it was a gush and I didnt have to pee when it happened plus every time you move more will come out usually. The "water" doesnt smell like pee and I dont know if this happens with everyone but I felt a little "tick" in my stomach right when it happened. I knew it was coming. (mothers intuition???) Good Luck and remember when in doubt get it checked out!!!
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 10:57 AM on May. 17, 2011

• They have test strips to check fo pH because it is very hard to tell especially if it is just a trickle
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 10:42 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Pee smells different.

Water breaking would more than likely continue off and on and peeing should be a one time deal.

And if you aren't sure, docs can tell with a test strip. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:52 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Pee does smell different...
    SonyaNaomi

Answer by SonyaNaomi at 11:02 AM on May. 17, 2011

• If your water breaks you keep leaking water continually so you will keep soaking through your panties or whatever, as opposed to peeing your pants and then being good to go- at least until the next time you cough, sneeze, gag or laugh. :)
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:58 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Oh by the way, I'm 34 weeks preg.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:35 AM on May. 17, 2011

• haha sometimes i tinkle when i sneeze really hard.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 12:54 PM on May. 17, 2011