How often do relatives visit and offer to help/babysityour baby?

I have 4 sisters a mother.....my husband has his mother his very close cousins (3) ......now i havent been offered to get help or babysit.....or even come visit my home to see him....im sad at this....depressedb even....because they visit and see my brothers child.....well my mother has always favored the boys in the family....my sons almost 1 year old and i havent seen themcome over like before he was born.....im insaulted....like he is repelling everyone.......why dont they come? why dont they care? (not even a call, text, a letter?) why dont they want to help like i would if they had a baby?

bb0

Asked by bb0 at 10:33 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a son and a daughter and no one baby sit my kids. I know my mom will but her and my husband don't get alone. So I knid of know how you feel. I think they may care but they just don't think about it.
    rowej

Answer by rowej at 10:40 AM on May. 17, 2011

• they should be excited to babysit, or at least hang out with the new little one. that's what family does.
    fallenruby

Answer by fallenruby at 10:41 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Never but I honestly don't have much family living anymore Sorry that you have to deal with that.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:07 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I've been a mom for over 13 yrs. I can probably count 8-10 times that any of our family has offered to babysit. MIL will say "if you need help let me know" but she is 80 and can barely walk. Yeah, that helps. It does help now that my oldest is old enough to keep an eye on himself and his siblings for short periods of time.

Funny thing is that my SIL just offered to watch the kids for a night (for the first time in 2 years) and we are so booked that weekend that we cannot even take her up on the offer.

Instead of waiting for the calls that never come, be the bigger person and call and invite them. Who knows, maybe they are waiting for the invite.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:20 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Pretty much never. Family never visits us- we always have to do the visiting. My family visits other family members, but never me, and DH's family visits his brother, but not us. I don't care though- I'd rather maintain my home as my personal space. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:31 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Did you ask them for help? Maybe they think you have it all under control. Maybe they don't want to barge in. I always had to ask my MIL to babysit. She never volunteered, but she always said yes. Try it and see what happens.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 12:28 PM on May. 17, 2011