How can I get my daughter to sleep in her own bed?

She has been sleeping with me and I want to get her into her own bed. When she goes to her father's house, she sleeps in her own bed without any problems. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Asked by madimom at 12:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• make sure there is enough lite in her/his room and at bed time do everything you normal do brush teeth,baths,comb hair.etc then go to her room and lay in her/his bed make comments like "mommy go to sleep now ", "wow your bed is so comfie" make it to where she wants her bed. think what's in your bed she likes other than mommy and daddy pillows,sheets ?

Answer by jojomommy at 12:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have this same question! My son is to the point that if I get him to sleep in his room, I have to be laying next to him until he falls asleep. Problem with that is a.) I end up falling asleep with him and b.) If he wakes up and I am not next to him, then he comes and finds me with tears in his eyes. He tells me that when he grows to be a big boy he will sleep by himself- he is going to be 4 years old--isn't that a big boy???? I need help!

Answer by bramlettljb at 1:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Alot of moms lay down with their little ones in the kids bed then when the child is asleep...sneak out. It is sooo hard to keep them there kids both jump into bed with me in the middle of the night. It is a regular...ride at disney with feet and hands everywhere. I pick them back up and put them back in their own beds may take a few times and a whole lotta tears...but a good nites rest is worth all of the effort. good luck.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 1:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I insisted my daughter sleep in her own room I will not lie down with her and like MommasCooCoo if she comes in to my room I bring her right back to her own bed. After a lot of rocky nights it eventually worked. Now if my husband is working late or not at home I can let her sleep with me and she will stay in her bed the next night without a problem because she knows that sometimes she will get to sleep with mommy as a treat.

Answer by momto1727 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2008