Is this a good idea

I am doing weight watchers online, and i am doing good on my eating part, but i have got to start an exercise plan. I am thinking of joining the gym and going at lunch and walking on the treadmill or the elliptical. I figure i would have a protein shake for lunch and do my workout. do you think that would work. I don't want to do anything to get too sweaty as i have to go back to work, but it is had to do it at home with three kids. What is your opinion

jaceyrayesmom

Asked by jaceyrayesmom at 10:42 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I think that would work. Any exercise is better than nothing. I have never been a shake person, Ithink a healthy lowfat meal is a better option.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:10 AM on May. 17, 2011

• It could definitely work. Does the gym have a shower? Plan a little extra time for at least rinsing off or bring baby wipes for a quick wipe down which will help you feel fresher and not stink. If you're in a hurry a protein shake is a good meal replacement option but those can get old really fast so alternating between meal replacement drinks and bars can help. Just make sure you're getting your veggies and other nutrients throughout the rest of your day. If you're able to freshen up get the most out of your workout by doing interval training (on the tread or elliptical or bike) go fast for a little while then recover and repeat for 30 min!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 1:38 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I've recently been time crunched and read an article for 10 minute work outs. The most frequently you can get your heart rate up for 10 minutes the more results you'll recieve. anything over 20 minutes is almost a breaking point of energy. Think of it as a diet. plenty of small healthy meals or one big dinner?
    triciabc21

Answer by triciabc21 at 2:25 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I'm doing WW online and I do (try to do) 30 mins on the treadmill a day. In my pre-children days my weight and keeping in shape was much more effective with 20 mins of power walking and strengh training. I am considering doing that again. I start strengh training next week.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 5:28 PM on May. 18, 2011